We offer a safe and loving home for residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease in our highly popular unit called Loretta Lane. Our associates are carefully selected and trained to support those with memory loss. They serve with compassion and understanding while honoring the strengths and abilities of each individual while supporting families and friends on this journey.
Our daily program incorporates the understanding that the disease process can be slowed down when individuals are in the healthiest environment. This environment consists of a variety of amenities and features. A few of them are listed below:
Amenities & Features
- Diet: People with dementia or in early to moderate stages of Alzheimer’s could have their cognitive impairment slowed or even reversed by switching to a healthier diet.
- Cognitive Stimulation: People with memory impairment, including those with Alzheimer’s disease, still benefit from learning and mental activities to improve their quality of life and functioning.
- Stress-Free Environment: Stress hormones appear to exacerbate rapidly the formation of brain lesions; one of the hallmarks of Alzheimer’s disease. Therefore, stress management is an important factor in treating the disease.
- Physical Exercise & Healthy Lifestyle: Scientific evidence points to a relationship between brain health and cardiovascular system health.
- Memory through the Five Senses: A positive correlation exists between sensory-based therapies and improved memory, mood, and quality of life, even among those with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Socialization: Socialization is an important component of treatment because people with dementia can recognize and appreciate attention.